Morocc castle as seen in the manhwa.
Morocc (Korean: 모로크) is an oasis town located in Rune-Midgarts. Built in the midst of the Sograt Desert, it is an essential stop for traders in the middle of the continent. They have an advanced Dyeing and Precious Metal refining industry and the area is governed separately by a chief. The cheerful and optimistic nature of the townspeople sometimes baffle visitors with their slow actions.
Monsters have started to inhabit the Sphinx and Pyramids nearby. Adventurers are starting to crowd the place after hearing the news.
On iRO, this location is localized as Morroc.
Morocc City is a desert city in the southwest part of the Midgard continent. This area does not get a lot of water due to being located in the center of the desert.
In the past, cities were established near the center of the Oasis, and there were no issues with the water supply. However, since the Oasis dried up after the revival of Surt, they were forced to use an artificial oasis which was created from the massive Iris Lake eventually located between Prontera and Morocc.
Points of Interest
- Mushroom Farm
- Sograt Desert
- Morocc Pyramid
- Ant Hell
- Road of Blessings
- Tomb of Osiris
- Dayr Desert
- Elemental Temples
Age of Gods
In the year 1204 M.C. (Midgard Century), there was a great war between the Giants and Gods. The continent of Midgard collapsed under the destructive force the fire giants from the world of Muspelheim, under the command of the Jotunn, Surt. They were confronted by the king of the gods, Odin, and Jaoong and were eventually defeated. The devastation caused by the battle caused the Dayr Ocean to be turned into an arid desert, covered in the dead bodies of the Muspel giants.
The defeated giants’ bodies eventually changed over time, becoming minerals known now as Pilanium, holding some of the power that fueled Surt’s fiery sword. As time went by, many tribes started to create Pilanium mines, as well as searched for any Muspel artifacts left behind. This led to much conflict among the tribes, each vying for power by seeking these rare resources.
Some time after the fall of the Solvive Empire, the fire Jotunn Surt returned to wreak havoc on Midgard once again. The only one to stand up against him was a lone warrior name Thanatos, who engaged Surt in the midst of the Sograt Desert. For 10 days the two fought ferociously, sundering the very ground beneath them with the might of their blows. Finally, on the tenth day, Thanatos defeated Surt and sealed the demonic Jotunn beneath the earth. A shrine was built upon the seal and around the shrine the town of Morocc was formed.
In the year A.W. 997, an attempt was made to undo the seal and revive Surt by sacrificing children every full moon for a whole year. The Assassins Guild caught on and sent Loki and a group of assassins to intervene and prevent Surt's escape.
Some time later, Morocc castle changed significantly and the area around it became more developed. However, yet another attempt to release the seal on Surt was made and was successful this time around, resulting in the utter destruction of Morocc. In response, the Continental Guard was established to help aid and protect the Moroccan survivors while trying to deal with the threat of Surt.
Age of Man
300 years later, Morocc has been completely rebuilt, albeit differently from the way it was before and does not contain a powerful demon underneath.
- Thief Job Change (unimplemented)
- Assassin Job Change
- The Crow of Destiny
- Eye of Hellion
- Dandelion's Request (unimplemented)
- Resurrection of Surt (unimplemented)
- Cat Hand New World Access
- Wood Supply Mission (unimplemented)
- Wood Delivery Mission (unimplemented)
- Rope-Making Mission (unimplemented)
- Rope Delivery Mission (unimplemented)
- Brickmaking Mission (unimplemented)
- Brick Delivery Mission (unimplemented)
- Purging the Land (unimplemented)
- Worker Transport (unimplemented)
- Snack Order (unimplemented)
- Dimensional Travel
- To Fantasmagorica!
Ragnarok Online II
- A Fallen Man in the Middle of the Desert
- The One Polluting the Oasis
- Plunder the Plundered
- Egg Thief Punishment
- Request From Cook (unimplemented)
- Odd Palm Tree (unimplemented)
- Investigate 4 Points (unimplemented)
- Patch (2019 Oct. 16)
- Fixed some of the maps inside Morocc and Paradise.
- Patch (2018 May 16)
- Fixed an issue that allowed some elements of Morocc to be moved to an unreachable area.
- Episode 15.1 (2013 Jul. 03)
- Continental Guard NPCs, including Chief Balrog for [Resurrection of Surt], are removed from Morocc. Continental Guard Clerk will remain for heroes who have not yet been rewarded.
Ragnarok Online II